Social Media Examiner released their 2014 Social Media Industry report today. If you’re questioning whether social media marketing is right for you, I recommend giving it a read. It won’t take you more than 30 minutes. In the meantime, here are some key facts that I pulled that will help explain why you may want to get started with social media marketing.
It takes time to develop relationships that lead to sales. However, a large percentage of marketers who take the time AND COMMIT TO IT for more than just a few months find great results.
– More than half of marketers who’ve been using social media for at least 3 years report it has helped them improve sales. More than half who spend 6 or more hours per week find the same results
– With as little as 6 hours per week, the vast majority of marketers (95%+) indicated their social media efforts increased exposure for their businesses.
– Nearly all marketers (93%+) who’ve been employing social media marketing for one year or longer report it generates exposure for their businesses.
– By spending as little as 6 hours per week, 66%+ of marketers see lead generation benefits with social media.
– Improved search engine rankings were most prevalent among those who’ve been using social media for one year or longer, with 58%+ reporting a rise.
– Of those who have been using social media for at least 1 year, 69% found it useful for building a loyal fan base.
– Nearly half of those who spend at least 6 hours per week on social media efforts saw a benefit of reduced marketing expenses.